Who are we?
The Campaign «Euro 08 against trafficking in women» was launched by a coalition of 25 organisations. More groups supported the campaign as collective members of our association, which was open to any individual or organisation committed to the purpose of our campaign.
The coalition was not politically biased. Its base was the exigency of guarantees as well as the respect of human rights and dignity for all without regard to gender, origin or standing. If the coalition did not take position in favour or against prostitution, it did clearly stand against any form of forced prostitution.
- alliance F
- Amnesty International, Swiss section
- cfd – Feminist NGO for Peace
- Christian Mission for East European Countries
- ECPAT Switzerland of the Swiss Oganisation for Child Protection
- EFS/FPS – Protestant Women
- FIZ – Women’s Information Center for women from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe
- HEKS/EPER – aid agency of the Swiss Protestant Churches
- maenner.ch, umbrella organisation of men’s and fathers’ organisations in Switzerland
- mission 21
- NGO post Beijing Switzerland
- The Salvation Army
- Suzanne Mubarak Women's International Peace Movement – SMWIPM
- Swiss Catholic Women’s Federation
- Swiss Conference of Gender Equality Delegates
- Swiss Union of Jewish Women’s Organisations
- Swiss Workers’ Aid
- Terre des femmes Switzerland
- terre des hommes schweiz
- UNIA – trade union
- UNIFEM – United Nations Development Fund for Women, Switzerland/Liechtenstein
- Women of the Socialist Party
- World Council of Churches
- World Vision Switzerland
More organisations supported the campaign as collective members of the association «Euro 08 against trafficking in women and forced prostitution».
- co-president : Ruth-Gaby Vermot, former Member of Parliament and member of the European Parliamentarian Assembly.
- co-president : Doro Winkler, FIZ – Women’s Information Center for women from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe
- Dore Heim, Gender Equality Delegate for the City of Zurich
- Stella Jegher, Amnesty International, Swiss Section
- Oliver Kahlmeier, maenner.ch
- Theodora Leite, cfd – Feminist NGO for Peace
- Suzanne Seytter, FIZ – Women’s Information Center for women from Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe
- Lilian Studer, HEKS/EPER – aid agency of the Swiss Protestant Churches
- Thomas Stüssi, maenner.ch
Coordinator of the campaign:
Collective Members :
Aktion 8. März Basel-Stadt, alliance F, Antenna MayDay Lugano, Arbeitskreis für Zeitfragen Biel, arbeitskreis tourismus und entwicklung, CASTAGNA Zurich, Colonia Libera Italiana di Basilea, comedia – trade union of media workers, Fondation Emilie Gourd, FrauenKirche Central Switzerland, Frauenzentrale BE, FSB Frauenseminar Bodensee GmbH, Green Party Switzerland, IAW – International Alliance of Women, Junge Alternative JA!, Catholic Women's Federation Zurich, Kickoff2008, Mitternachtsmission Basel, Ökumenisches Aidspfarramt beider Basel, PeaceWomen Across the Globe, Primis Ticino, Proitera, RomeroHaus Luzern, Stiftung Frauenhaus Zürich, Tanzleila, Verein IG Sozialhilfe, Women for Peace Switzerland, Women Lawyers Switzerland, women of the SEV trade union